A Movingetc home checklist
There are so many things to remember when moving house. Below is a list of things that are very important and easily forgotten.
Below are a list of issues the arise during a move. A selection of the issues have links for much more detail. Click the following links to be forwarded to a relevant page:
- A new school for the children.
- Redirect your mail.
- Contact your telephone/satellite/cable TV company.
- Contact the DVLA to change your license addressand car details.
- Car parking permit.
- Council Tax
- Milk deliveries
- Contact your bank
- Contact any other organisation that have your details stored such as ‘The NHS Blood centre’ and London Transport if you have a registered Oyster Card.
- Election registration
- Insurance- House, Car etc
- Permits such as parking for the road side
- Garage rental
- Electricity, Gas and Water provider
- Your work place
The following are things that need to be researched in order to make the experience after the move more comfortable.:
- Find a medical centre/doctors in the area of your new property
- Find a new dentist
- Find a new optician
- Look in your new area for places such as a local pharmacy, mechanic and bus routes.